This episode features the inspiring Derek Simnett, a certified holistic nutritionist, most well known for his YouTube channel, Simnett Nutrition, where he creates videos to inspire and help others transition to a vegan diet and reach their fitness goals. He shares plenty of healthy plant-based recipes and tips for body movement exercises.
In this episode we cover:
- Derek’s childhood and how he realized that what we eat directly affects our health
- Transitioning to a plant-based diet and vegan lifestyle
- Going from public relations to holistic nutrition
- Why adults should still incorporate play into their lives
- Going from a runner to building muscle with calisthenic training
- Calisthenic tips for beginners
- His thoughts on training to failure
- Getting enough protein to build muscle on a vegan diet
- His thoughts on supplements and vegan “superfoods”
- Why meat is not necessary for masculinity
- His thoughts on “ex-vegans”
- What he eats in a day
- The secrets to a delicious sauce
- Enjoying his food and not feeling like he is “missing out”
If you would like to connect with Derek, you can find him on Instagram: @simnettnutrition and his YouTube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/c/simnettnutrition
His website: https://simnettnutrition.com and his eBook: Derek’s Easy Vegan Muscle Meals eBook
Thank you for tuning in! Make sure to subscribe to The Plant Prescription Podcast so you get notified when new episodes are published. If you enjoy our material and are listening on Apple Podcasts, please leave us a review as this will help more people discover this podcast. We would love to hear from you guys on what you thought of the episode and what you'd like to hear in the future so please connect with us on Instagram.
IG: Muzammil: @dr.plantbased, Cass: @plant_fueled.
Music credit: Scott Holmes.